Friday, January 7, 2011

Here we go!

I've made a major life decision. It's been in the works for a while now, but today I finally made the decision to put the plan into action.  I'm changing my life, and the lives of my children and husband.

I've prayed over it.  I've asked God for guidance. I've asked God to light my way, and to help me with the decision. He has been giving me the strength I've needed to come to this conclusion. He has given me the courage to make some necessary changes in our lives. He has given me the love and encouragement that I have been needing. Turns out He has been giving me that for a long time now, I have just chosen not to listen. Well, I'm listening now.

This is not going to be easy. It's going to be physically and emotionally hard on everyone involved. My family will probably hate me soon. The changes I'm making though, will help us all - so that I will be around longer for them to begin to love me again. I just hope that can happen soon.

So by now you're probably wondering what changes. As my Blog title states, the changes will create a new me. I hope you all will read my blog, and join me in "The Journey to a New Me". I will need a lot of support from my friends and family. I will keep you in suspense no more. Here are the changes I'm talking about:
     1. I am going to STOP smoking. I am not going to quit, I'm only going to stop. Maybe soon I will be ready to take the plunge into quitting, but for now I'm only stopping. It may be a temporary "stop" but that is the plan for now.
     2. I am going to change the way I eat. I plan to eat a more healthy, well balanced diet. If I lose weight in the process, BONUS!
     3. I am going to begin an exercise program. The only way to rebuild and repair the damage I've caused by smoking and eating horribly for most of my life.

None of these will be immediate changes. Over time they will happen. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

So there you have it. I can't promise that my posts will always be fun to read. Sometimes you may laugh, other times you may roll your eyes and wonder why you took the time to read it. I just hope that you will continue to read about my journey and offer encouragement, support and love. Maybe even some advise if you run across something that you can relate to. We could also use some prayer along with this. Not only for me, but for my family. Prayers that we all make it through these changes with what's left of our sanity still intact. :)

So, here we go...welcome to The Journey to a New Me!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! Proud of you girl!!! I'm on a similar journey and u can follow along at http://www.slightly-off-kilter.com are u on twitter at all???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not on twitter, but I am on facebook. I tried twitter, just couldn't get into it. :)

    ReplyDelete